terça-feira, 23 de maio de 2017

But, for my part, it was Greek to me.

Shakespeare na mídia contemporânea

32. But, for my part, it was Greek to me.

Tradução: Para mim, aquilo era grego.

Significado: Eu não entendi nada.

Fonte:  Julius Caesar, Ato I, cena 2

Casca:  Those that understood him smiled at one another and shook their heads; but, for mine own part, it was Greek to me.

Casca: Os que o entenderam sorriram uns para os outros, meneando a cabeça. Mas no que me diz respeito,  era grego para mim. 

Exemplo moderno: It’s Greek To Me owners prepare to hand off restaurant

After 34 years, Denise and Argyrios Arambadjis are ready to retire. Nicholas Karos is taking over the restaurant under the same business plan, according to a city report. (http://www.southwestjournal.com/news/biz-buzz/2016/07/, 12 July 2016)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário