sábado, 24 de junho de 2017

I will wear my heart upon my sleeve


Tese: Só os idiotas passam a vida inteira sem mudar de opinião.
Antítese: Eu não sou idiota,
Síntese: Logo, mudei de opinião.
Este tosco silogismo serve de introdução para o seguinte: durante anos, achei que todo político merecia uma bala na cabeça. Hoje não mais: acho que merece duas. Voltemos ao Shakespeare.

63. I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
Tradução: Usarei o coração na manga.
Significado: Serei sincero e franco.
Fonte: Othello, Ato I, cena 1
Iago: But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.

Iago: Mas usarei o coração na manga,
Para que as gralhas possam bicá-lo. Não sou o que sou.

Exemplo moderno: 6 Reasons You Can't Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve When Dating

There’s no guaranteed way to know if you’re dealing with someone who’s wearing their heart on their sleeve, or has an ace up it. When you make it evident what you want, pretenders can (and will) create a dishonest persona that they know you’d desire until they’ve gotten what they want out of the relationship, then they’ll either show you their true colors or refuse to break character all the way to the nearest exit, leaving you alone to figure out what you did wrong. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário