domingo, 11 de junho de 2017

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears

Shakespeare na mídia contemporânea

50. Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears
Tradução: Amigos, romanos, compatriotas, ouvi-me
Significado: Modo de chamar a atenção ou pedir a palavra
Fonte: Julius Caesar, Ato III, cena 2
Marcus Antonius: Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears! I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.

Marco Antônio: Amigos, romanos, compatriotas, ouvi-me! Aqui estou para sepultar César e não para glorificá-lo.

Exemplo moderno: Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears

Most of us probably remember this phrase from Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” from our high school English literature classes in which Mark Antony’s funeral oration about Caesar teaches us about the skills of oral presentation. However, these words can also introduce medical conditions which are very common and often poorly understood and treated. A recent clinical practice guideline issued by the American Academy of Otolaryngology contains an update for best practices for diagnosis and treatment of earwax (cerumen impaction). The report states that: “Excessive or impacted cerumen is present in 1 in 10 children, 1 in 20 adults, and more than one-third of the geriatric and (similar) populations…” (Independent, 10 June 2017)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário