sexta-feira, 10 de agosto de 2018

Mais citações


Mais citações:
12 Breznev., Leonid (Soviet politician:
The trouble with free elections is, you never know who is going to win.

13 Chesterton, G. K. (British writer):
‘My country, rigt or wrong’ is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It’s lke saying, ‘My mother, drnk or sober.’

14 Chesterton, G. K. (British writer):
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children’s games from the begining, and will problably do it to the end, which is a nisance for the people who grow up.

15 Chevalier, Maurice (French entertainer):
I prefer old age to te alternative.

16 Christie, Agatha (British detective novelist):
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.

17 Churchill, Winston (British Conservative Prime Minister, to Lady Astor, who said, ‘If you were my husband, I’d poison your coffee.’
If you were my wife, I’d drink it.

18 Churchill, Winston (British Conservative Prime Minister, to Bessie Braddock MP, who told him he was drunk:
And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning.

19 Churchill, Winston (British Conservative Prime Minister, on Clement Attlee):
An empty taxi arrived at 10 Downing Street, and when the door was opened Attlee got out.

20 Churchill, Wiston (British Conservative Prime Minister, making a marginal comment on document):
This is the sort of English up with which I will not put.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário