quarta-feira, 21 de fevereiro de 2018

Tricky pitfalls 8

Tricky pitfalls 8

36. Nowadays it is vital to make a difference between real news and fake news. 

37. “I refuse to discuss about that matter again,” he said.angrily, banging on the table.

38. She asked me what the hell was I doing outside in such cold weather.

39. I have no doubt whether the government has again made a huge mistake.

40. He staggered like a drunk man, swaying back and forth to save himself from falling.






36. Correção: Nowadays it is vital to make a distinction between real news and fake news. (Make a difference = dar um outro aspecto a uma situação, torná-lo melhor; make a distinction: distinguir, diferenciar)

37. Correção: “I refuse to discuss Ø that matter again,” he said.angrily, banging on the table. (Discuss é um verbo transitivo direto e, portanto, não vem seguido de preposição)

38. Correção: She asked me what the hell I was doing outside in such cold weather. (Não se usa a forma interrogativa – aux. + sujeito + verbo principal – em sentenças afirmativas.)

39. Correção: I have no doubt that the government has again made a huge mistake. (To have no doubt that, mas to have my doubts whether)


40. Correção: He staggered like a drunken man, swaying back and forth to save himself from falling. (Drunk é um adjetivo predicativo, ou seja, só pode ser usado após um verbo de ligação, enquanto drunken é um adjetivo atributivo, isto é, vem sempre antes de um substantivo.)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário