quarta-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2018

Tomografia


Ontem, quimioterapia. Hoje, tomografia. And the ship sails on, como diria Fellini em inglês.

Tricky pitfalls – 14
66. 77 people died in that LaMia Flight 2933 in June 2016.
67. Deep-fried tarantulas! Never in my life had I eaten such a disgusting food.
68. The two elderly women sitting opposite me in the cinema wouldn’t stop giggling, and that was getting on my nerves.
69. Now that my husband has left me, I’m going to get rid of all my old furnitures and buy some brand new pieces.
70. The secretary asked them gently if they’d rather sit down and wait for the doctor.

Correção
66. 77 people died on that LaMia Flight 2933 in June 2016. (Be on a flight e não be in a flight.)
67. Deep-fried tarantulas! Never in my life had I eaten such Ø disgusting food. (Food é um substantivo uncountable e não vem precedido de artigo indefinido).
68. The two elderly women sitting in front of me in the cinema wouldn’t stop giggling, and that was getting on my nerves. (Opposite = de frente, como que encarando; in front of = na frente, como que numa fila.)
69. Now that my husband has left me, I’m going to get rid of all my old furniture and buy some brand new pieces. (Furniture, que significa ‘móveis’ não tem plural em inglês.)
70. The secretary asked them politely if they’d rather sit down and wait for the doctor. (Gently = com cuidado; politely = com educação)


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário