sábado, 24 de fevereiro de 2018

Tricky pitfalls 10

Tricky pitfalls – 10
51. My high school history teacher was by far the most unpleasant person I had ever met before.
52. There are so far no evidences that the former president took bribes from construction companies.
53. “I’m willing to do anything – anything, do you hear? – except to betray my country!” he said.
54. Every teenager faces lots of problems growing up, and my son Pete is not an exception.
55. The problem of violence in Rio de Janeiro has been existing for decades.



Correção
51.  My high school history teacher was by far the most unpleasant person I had ever met. (Não se usa before depois de had + ever + past participle.)
52.  There is so far no evidence that the former president took bribes from construction companies. Evidence é uncountable. Só se usa no singular)
53.  “I’m willing to do anything – anything, do you hear? – except Ø betray my country!” he said. (Except não vem seguido de to infinitive.)
54.  Every teenager faces lots of problems growing up, and my son Pete is no exception. (Be no exception e não be an exception, que soa português mal traduzido.)
55. The problem of violence in Rio de Janeiro has existed for decades. ( Exist não é normalmente usado em continuous tenses.)


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário